Common Garage Door Problems
We realize how busy people are, and sometimes can’t be there to go over the Safety Features and Warranty Information with the installer. To avoid a possible service charge for things that are not covered under the warranty, please refer to the following, or refer to your Owners Manual:
No Power to the Opener:
- Check the breakers.
- Check the outlet for power.
- Check light switch: Does it also control power to the opener?
- Overheated, unplug, wait 30 minutes. Plug back in.
- Is vacation lock-out on?
Door Goes Down Part Way, Then Reverses And Or Lights Flashing:
- Check alignment of photo eyes. Both should be lit.
- Is anything crossing the beam in front of the photo eyes (rope, cobwebs, sunlight)?
Remote And Or Keypad Not Working:
- Check batteries.
- Check vacation lock-out.
- Too many codes already in memory.
Wall Pad And Photo Eyes Are Lit/Opener Has No Power:
- Power Surge. Unplug from outlet for 5 minutes, plug back in.
Door Goes Down, Back Up. Door Goes Up, Back Down:
- Adjust limits (see Owner’s Manual). Limits are set correct at install.
Door Opens And Closes On Its Own:
- Check to see that none of your neighbors are on the same frequency.
- Is a satellite dish located within 5 feet of opener head?
- Check your extra remote: Are any being activated in a purse or drawer?
Door Makes A Popping Noise:
- Have you painted the door?
Rollers Out Of The Track Or Cables Slipped/Loose:
- Did the door come down on something?
Door Sits Crooked In Opening:
- Possible slipped/broken cable. Call for Service. Do not attempt to adjust.
Door Only Opens A Few Inches Then Stops:
- Possible broken spring, call for service. Do not attempt to adjust.